Sunday, September 30, 2007



For all of you that know Roy Hall, you know very well that he has always gotten the biggest kick out of teasing anyone that he can. As far as gophers go, I have childhood memories of waking up to Dad's " latest catch" dangling in my face. Also of me and my three sisters standing on top of the toilet because Dad had shoved a live mouse under the bathroom door just to hear us squeal and scream. So when I went to the door this evening to find my little boys face filled with pure satisfaction of helping his Papa catch a gopher, I was instantly brought back to those days of my childhood. Only this time I was able to distinguish such a vast difference between the temprements of girls and boys. Brennan was so excited and squealing with excitement. He told me "Mama, I got a gopher." How fortunate I feel to have my child exposed to so many of the same things I was because I have parents that go above and beyond to spend time with their grandbabies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quite the little hunter:D Gosh I remember that mouse incident like it was yesterday....at the time it seemed traumatizing didn't it. I don't remember scream, all of us together like since then! Now it makes me laugh and smile when I think of it. He looks so proud!